Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Call for BLOG VILLAGE "Comment Pals"

Our own Villager, Tomas, of Captain's Bridge, has started a new blog, Modus Vivendi, about the Art Therapy Club he volunteers with at a mental institution in Lithuania. He and I have been emailing back and forth, trying to come up with some ideas about how BLOG VILLAGE might be able to help these people. We decided that they would enjoy having some "Comment Pals." They don't read English, and Tomas has the only access to a computer, so if we will all make a habit of visiting his Modus Vivendi blog and saying hi to the people in the photos, Tomas will translate for them, and I'm sure it will lift their spirits. Judging from the art work that can be seen, some of them are quite talented, and would appreciate the encouragement of some outside opinions.

Modus Vivendi will be joining BLOG VILLAGE soon, so you won't have too much trouble finding it. Please take this project to heart and show the community spirit that I know we have.


Interested in joining BLOG VILLAGE?

Start HERE.

BLOG VILLAGE was established on May 23, 2006, currently with a membership of 230 Villager blogs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heartily thank you for so warm welcome and your willingness to help us- to share the love.
I heartily thank you in the name of all Modus Vivendi.
There is a saying "my friends is yours friends and my house is your hose"
Let me say so now, dear Blog Villages.
Sincerely yours,
Tomas Karkalas http://candleday.wordpress.com/
Modus Vivendi http://trustlight.blogspot.com/
Modus

Rosemary said...

You're more than welcome, Tomas.

Anonymous said...

Tomas, I will be adding Modus Vivendi to my daily reading and would love to be a Comment Pal. What does "Modus Vivendi" mean?

DB, there is another VILLAGER that needs our support and that is Christy over at "Dont' Forget The Peanut Butter"
http://thenuttytraveler.blogspot.com/index.html

Rosemary said...

That's a good idea, Janey. As I wrote on her blog, I wouldn't normally admit a blog with only one post, but hers looked too important not to. There are probably some others that are public service, too. If you run across one, please let me know. And if any Villager feels that your blog qualifies for this kind of special recognition, by all means email me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Girls Can Change the World

Girls Can Change the World
Adolescents make up a large percentage of the population, especially in developing countries.