Saturday, December 22, 2007

I Feel Like Grinch!!

Over the last few days I have deleted a large number of blogs from the Village, for not participating on the TopList. They have been warned repeatedly to click on the voting link on their blogs at least once a month, which takes them to the Gateway page, where the forum, chat and carnival links are displayed. By clicking at the bottom of that page, they see ALL the Villager's blogs. The idea is to visit these Villagers sometime during the month. If they don't care to share in the community, then there is no point in them being on the list.

I am sure that I have deleted some that I probably will regret losing, but they can apply again, if they really want to belong. Most of them are never even going to realize they are no longer a member, as they don't ever go to the TopList page, anyway.

I started to email each of them as I deleted them, but decided I did not have the time, energy, or desire to get into an argument with any of them.

So, for those of you who really participate, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. And for those that I am deleting? Bah Humbug!



Interested in joining BLOG VILLAGE? Start HERE.

If you are interested in being the Featured Villager on our BLOG VILLAGE News blog, please contact Janey Loree, Kilroy, or the Gatekeeper, the members of our Village Interview Team.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

By far, the majority of time I've been a member of Blog Village I placed in the bottom portion of the list. Membership was still important enough to me to vote for myself.

People who don't care about being in a community are essentially not part of the community. Carrying those sites was of no real benefit when the final score is counted.

Let's work together to have a great 2008!

Rosemary said...

I agree with you 100% Anthony, and I am so glad that you wanted to belong to our community. And now, look where you are on the list! Congratulations, and here's wishing you a Happy New Year!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Girls Can Change the World

Girls Can Change the World
Adolescents make up a large percentage of the population, especially in developing countries.