Saturday, June 03, 2006

You Are Invited to Join BLOG VILLAGE - Our Brand New Family Friendly Blog TopList


BLOG VILLAGE

One of the ways we have found to promote our blogs and increase traffic and readers has been through joining TopLists, where readers vote for our blogs daily to help move our banners up to the top of the list of sites.

The problem for us with these TopLists has always been that most of the blogs that get most of the votes are sites that feature a lot of skin, or use profanity or crudity in their blog titles. We tried to find a TopList we felt comfortable joining and couldn't find one, so we made one ourselves!

That's how BLOG VILLAGE was born.

Our goal is to have a full mix of all kinds of blogs - political, personal, business, hobby, all religions, all viewpoints, you name it.

Here's the only Rule:
There will be no blog titles or post titles containing profanity, or pictures of a sexual or suggestive nature.
This should make any blog on BLOG VILLAGE family friendly, so that you would not have to be concerned about anything that would pop up on the screen when clicking on any blog from our TopList.

We know there are many blogs that would qualify for our TopList, and we'd like to invite you to join us, and make our list THE place to go to find a family friendly place to surf for quality blogs. Please wait until you have been blogging for more than one month, with at least 10 posts or so, before applying.

We have added some policies about being an ACTIVE Villager, and maintaining your membership in BLOG VILLAGE. Before you apply, please read this post. If this sounds like the community you can support, then by all means, apply!


Apply HERE
BLOG VILLAGE

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the few times that I've suggested something and someone actually listened! :D

Hope you get tons of sign ups Rosemary!!!


Deb
BlogAdvance
http://blogadvance.com

Rosemary said...

You had a good idea, Deb! I just had to get up the courage to try it. And here we are.

Thanks for the good wishes, and, as always, best to Blog Advance.

Anonymous said...

There is no link for me to click to apply.

Rosemary said...

It's the BLOG VILLAGE logo after the words "Click Here." Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Unknown said...

I am considering joining, but I'm waiting until Blog Village gets bigger.

Rosemary said...

Hi Leon! Thanks for taking a look around. We started this TopList just a month ago, so I'm very pleased with our 62 active members. When you're ready, we'll be here! In the meantime, I'm sure our members would appreciate your comments, ratings, and, oh yeah .... your VOTES!!!

Anonymous said...

Not sure what this is about -- just a conglomeration site or something to collect for advertising??? Just curious.
Cheers.

Rosemary said...

I'm not completely sure myself what you are asking about, but I'll do my best to answer what I think you are asking hehe.

This blog is a place to talk about the TopList I started by the same name. We do not earn any money from adverstising. The toplist does have advertising at the top, but that is from the site that hosts the toplist for free. That is their revenue stream, not ours.

As for the TopList being a "conglomeration site," I suppose it is, but it is a carefully screened group of blogs, which are free from sexually explicit pictures and do not have profanity in the banners or post titles. You will, however, find profanity within some of the posts and comments on some of the blogs. As an adult reader, it is your choice whether you return to those blogs again, or not. It is meant to be as diverse a group of blogs as I could possibly gather, so that we can all freely explore.

I hope I've answered your questions, and thanks for stopping by.

JosiahBatten said...

I'm having some trouble getting the banner to post on my site, any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Hi! Followed your tip, and tried to register, but had the same problem as Kilroy here - login name and url already taken....

Rosemary said...

Hi Stine! I'm not sure what the problem is, since you are already a Villager, unless you are trying to add another blog. If you want more than one blog on BLOG VILLAGE you will have to use a different login for each one. Use something along the line of stine1, stine2, etc. You can use the same email address, but each blog is separate in the data files.

I'll email you and see if we can straighten out whatever the problem is, OK?

Anonymous said...

thanks for your informations...

Rosemary said...

Hopefully, you found what you wanted to know, Evden.

Simply Bananas said...

Thanks for the information, i have just recently started blogging and am really interested in ways to increase traffic.

Cindy Swanson said...

I'm probably being really dense here...but where is the list of all the blogs in Blog Village? I'd like to check them out!

Rosemary said...

You're right, Cindy. For some reason the links don't show when viewed from an individual post. I'll fix it. In the meantime, I've sent you the link.

Anonymous said...

I have only been blogging a couple of weeks and have learnt alot from lots of other Bloggers (they are a friendly lot on the whole). I would love to join Blog Village but you suggest to wait at least a month. Why do I have to wait so long, itching to get going.

Rosemary said...

"Itching to get going" is a great attitude, for sure. I screen each potential member carefully, so I need enough posts to get a sense of how each blog is put together, and whether it is likely to fit well with our family friendly requirements. A month may seem like a long time, but I have found it to be an appropriate amount of time for my purposes.

I look forward to seeing your blog soon.

Anonymous said...

How long does it take you to check out my blog to see if it's suitable for BlogVillage? I am really keen to join.

Rosemary said...

I'm way behind right now, Kawichick. computer troubles... I'll be sure to check yours today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your quick response I look forward to hearing from you soon.

pokie too said...

DB this is Pokie....just wondering if you got my note last night or if it got lost in the shuffle. Could you get in touch.....

pokie too said...

Well now I'm really red, are you and cybercelt together? I got to rejections and one said my post wasn't in English. I thanked who ever and promised to post daily...Oh well Db you know me I'll keep trying...Pokie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Girls Can Change the World

Girls Can Change the World
Adolescents make up a large percentage of the population, especially in developing countries.