Thursday, October 19, 2006

Featured BLOG VILLAGER - Sheila

We have so many wonderful bloggers among our BLOG VILLAGERS, that I thought it would be fun to get to know a little more about each other.

Our Feature Blogger for this post is Sheila at Alabama Kitchen Sink.
I started my blog at the end of July and have been posting most days about life, politics, education, food, culture, design, religion and race. If those topics don’t fit the name of my blog, the (Alabama)Kitchen Sink, I don’t know what does. The original intention was to do a little self-promotion for my CafePress shops. Little did I realize how much I like to get on my soapbox. I rarely post about the CafePress shops, but regular readers will see examples of my designs from time to time, and I really do appreciate all who take the time to look.

I’ve met a wonderful assortment of people via the blog. Just last week a young man from Michigan wrote me to find out more about Montgomery neighborhoods, and he said, “I know you’ll be honest.” When our local school board wanted to fire the superintendent, I had people from all over the country reading about the struggle. And just this morning at a school meeting, an incoming board member congratulated me for my coverage of the issue. She’d figured out who I was. China, Norway, Great Britain. Wherever the Internet reaches, I’ve had visitors.

I’ve probably been more honest than is wise at times, but after facing what I’ve faced (you’ll have to visit the blog to see what that was), I really see no point
in not being passionate. I have causes and don’t mind spouting off about them. I’m always learning from my fellow bloggers.

And yet sometimes I wonder a bit who's reading. Those in the U.S. might have seen a new Sonic Drive-in commercial on television. The wise wife and her not-so-smart husband are talking about the delicious new strawberry milkshakes. Not-so-smart husband says to wise wife, “I think I’ll write about this in my blog. My readers would want to know.” Wise wife asks,“Who? Your mother?” He replies, “Well, she said she told her neighbor about my blog.”
Please take the time to stop by Sheila's blog at Alabama Kitchen Sink.

Interested in joining BLOG VILLAGE?

Start HERE.

, ,

BLOG VILLAGE was established on May 23, 2006, currently with a membership of 201 Villager blogs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheila, My mother and I really enjoyed your post. We have not seen the Sonic Drive-In commercial that you refer to, yet! Our sentiments exactly!

Rosemary said...

She's really a very good writer, isn't she, Janey Loree. I've seen the Sonic ad too many times to count, but it's still funny. It would be nice to know who and why people come to our blogs, wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it would!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind comments on my poetry, and for the invitation to join your village.

Rosemary said...

Your poetry deserves every compliment it gets, Jillbeth, and welcome as our newest Villager!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Girls Can Change the World

Girls Can Change the World
Adolescents make up a large percentage of the population, especially in developing countries.