Friday, December 01, 2006

Our First Stick-to-it-tiveness Award Goes To

Well, have you ever had trouble getting your blog to look the way you wanted it to? If you can honestly say NO, you'd have to be in the minority, I suspect.

As the admin for our TopList, I've been able to help several Villagers, from time to time, get their BLOG VILLAGE voting link banner on their blog, so that it worked properly and looked the way they wanted it to look. Most of the time, that's an easy task, but every once in awhile, someone has a bunch of trouble with their template. It's as if the template is possessed.

One of our Villagers has been plagued by such a template lately, but she's been a real trouper and hasn't let that wayward template beat her.

I'd like to honor Merry Mama, author of the Six Kids blog, with a Stick-to-it-iveness Award for her persistance in working on her code until she finally did get the BLOG VILLAGE voting banner to show, at least in IE.

Why not stop by her blog and see what she has to say and give her a virtual pat on the back, OK? And now that her voting link is working, you might want to vote for her, too. I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Interested in joining BLOG VILLAGE?

Start HERE.

BLOG VILLAGE was established on May 23, 2006, currently with a membership of 226 Villager blogs.

8 comments:

MM said...

Thanks Rosemary. Unfortunately, my banner has disappeared yet again for indeterminable reasons!! This is getting to be funny.

MM said...

Hi-- We did it, we did it, we said that we could do it and indeed we did!! (I quote from Dora the Explorer, because hey, I didn't go to college for nothing!)

If you get a chance, check out Motherpie's skating through life post, which I nominated for Perfect Post. It touched me.

And thank you for the comment. It helps to know I'm not a slacker mommy...

Rosemary said...

Hmmmm Let's do the math, Merry Mama. 1 fine hubby + 6 kids + blogging = NO SLACKER MOMMY HERE!! I'll check out Motherpie's post, for sure. I hope you have a link on your blog.

MM said...

YOu hit the nail on the head Dirty Butter-- A lot of stick-to-it-tiveness lately...like colorforms. Every play with those things? Or panty hose in the dryer, or kids who are sick...things stick to me, but it's a good metaphor...helps me stick to IT.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Jael

MM said...

Thank you for the prayers. Times like these, I mostly need prayer to keep believing. I never told you how your quotes in your emails always uplift me, bring me to conviction, keep me in my place, keep me humble, grounded, purposeful, serene. Thank you for remaining true.

The Gatekeeper said...

Yes, I really need to work on my voting in BlogVillage land. I can't seem to get my banner up in the village though. I'll venture over there today. Merry Christmas btw.

Rosemary said...

I sent you an email, Gatekeeper, with some code that I'm pretty sure will fix your banner.

Rosemary said...

Thank you for the prayers. Times like these, I mostly need prayer to keep believing. I never told you how your quotes in your emails always uplift me, bring me to conviction, keep me in my place, keep me humble, grounded, purposeful, serene. Thank you for remaining true.

I'm glad the scripture has been helpful. I prayed hard and worked hard to pick scriptures that I thought would be appropriate, without offending anyone, if possible. If they spoke to you, that was God speaking. He promised that His Word would not return void.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Girls Can Change the World

Girls Can Change the World
Adolescents make up a large percentage of the population, especially in developing countries.