Monday, October 01, 2007

An Apology

Ordinarily I wouldn't bring up anything personal on this site, but I feel I need to offer a brief explanation about something, as I don't believe in giving idle threats to people.

I have been warning over a hundred bloggers for the last few months that they were about to be deleted from our TopList, if they did not show the minimum participation of at least voting for themselves once each month. My intention was to delete all but the newer members who did not have at least 1 HIT IN by the end of September.

It didn't work out that way, as I was in the ER yesterday, after a very scary, for me, Parkinson's weekend. They've added some more medicine for now, until I can get in to see my Neurologist, so I'm better. But, it meant I didn't feel like doing anything with the list. So, all of those old members who had been given their "last warning" have a one month reprieve. I will not be contacting them again, but I will wait until October 31 to delete those old members who still don't have a HIT IN.

New members are given a month to get the voting link in place and vote for themselves, and I write each of them, remind them, and offer help if they need it.

Thank you for your understanding,

Rosemary


Interested in joining BLOG VILLAGE? Start HERE.

If you are interested in being the Featured Villager on our BLOG VILLAGE News blog, please contact Janey Loree, Kilroy, or the Gatekeeper, the members of our Village Interview Team.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear that you had a very rough weekend. I will be praying for you and I hope that you are feeling better!

With this repreive, maybe I can salvage some of the equine blogs as I work on the BLOG VILLAGE Equine Webring!!!

Take care of yourself DB.

Rosemary said...

Thanks, Janey Loree, I appreciate your prayers very much. Other PWP have it much worse, but this was my first experience of this type, so it really upset me.

I'm afraid some of the horse blogs are already gone. I kept asking them to add the banner, and they never did. It's only the old blogs with banners that I did not delete. The ones who never showed enough interest to even add our voting link, after repeated warnings, are gone.

You can always invite them to join again, if they will participate. That's fine with me.

Marion said...

I am so sorry you had a rough weekend, DB. Hope things are better now. Your work here on Blog Village is beyond excellence...thank you so much!

Please take care!

Rosemary said...

I'm somewhat better this morning, Marion. Thanks. I wish all our Villagers were as involved in the TopList as you, Janey Loree, and about 100 others are!! YOU are what makes it work, not me.

Naomi said...

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough weekend Rosemary. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I think you do really well to do all the great work you do over at Blog Village, despite your health problems. I've noticed some blogs myself that didn't have the link and mentioned it. It's a shame when people don't take any notice and creates extra work for you having to delete or check if the links are there.

Naomi said...

P.S. I think the Village Fountain forum is a great idea. I'll be happy to post a link to advertise it on my blog Rosemary. The village is a very sociable place and this is just what we need. Great idea!

Rosemary said...

I tried bending over backwards with warnings, but it only encouraged a very small number to do anything about adding the link. So, it's time for me to quit spending any time on them, Naomi.

As for the Forum, I think Jackie had a tremendous idea with this one, as it just reinforces the idea that this is not supposed to be "just" a directory. It's supposed to be an ACTIVE list of bloggers.

If you haven't seen it, I did make a graphic, but it's not really the right size or shape. Fountains are normally vertical pictures, and that doesn't fit with a banner very well. So, if you see something that will work better, please let me know. Or.... if you're good at making them, be my guest!!

Jackie said...

Sorry about the bad weekend and hope things are improving.

Rosemary said...

Thanks, Jackie. I'm definitely better than I was last weekend!

CyberCelt said...

Rosemary,

You do not have to explain anything to anyone more than once. This is your list and whatever you say, goes.

I am sorry about your health. Mine just took a turn too. Haven't been able to eat and keep anything down for 2 weeks. Went to ER and had every test known to science, but they could not stop the pain. They sent me home with a bag of drugs and told me to come back if I wasn't any better.!! I wasn't any better when I left. AUUUUGGGGHHHH!

The next carnival will be on Advertising for Success. I know the theme is money, but I was wondering if we should change it to be more general. Fall traditions, pictures of Fall, family recipes, Fall in my town means... etc.

We can talk when you are better. In the meantime, if I can do anything to help you, let me know. I can situp and work at my computer no matter how bad it gets.

Rosemary said...

I don't mind changing the theme of the Carnival, but it doesn't sound like you need any extras on you right now. I'll email you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Girls Can Change the World

Girls Can Change the World
Adolescents make up a large percentage of the population, especially in developing countries.